The First Date: My Secret Formula for Choosing the Best Location
I‘VE BEEN MIXING UP MORE SMOOTHNESS IN THE LOVE LAB and have some key ingredients to look for in a Home Base. This is the main place to go on your first dates, a place you feel comfortable. One where you should get to know the bartender, the waiters & waitresses. You’ll need to know a few places, but you MUST have a Home Base.
Here are some things to look for in a home base:
- Vicinity: Choose a place close to where you live. You don’t want to be driving all over the damn planet!
- Bar stools, couches, swings, booths or tables – Look for a place that has different types of seating. Why? Because you want to bounce to different places. I’ll explain more about that in a sec.
- Bar stools are best to start with. They allow for more body movement & freedom. You can easily stand up if you feel like getting animated. You can also read more of her body language. Body language makes up to 93% of what’s going on so you don’t want to miss out on that!
- Couches are also great. They are comfortable and still allow for a lot of freedom.
- Next are tables. There is nothing wrong with sitting at a table, just be sure not to sit across from one another. You don’t want a barrier like a table between the two of you. Sit on two sides near one another.
- A booth is a big NO. Even though you can sit beside each other, they are the most restrictive on body movement. Also a girl that may be feeling nervous about the first date will feel even more nervous trapped in a restrictive booth. Even though you’d never want to start out sitting at a booth, they are great for a bounce to location.
- A good atmosphere – I’m not saying some extravagant place, just something with a nice feel.
- Music. The right music puts people in a good mood. The place should have music but nothing too loud.
- And the #1 thing to look for in a Home Base is: It should have other places within walking distance to bounce to.
Going to multiple locations on a date is huge. If you stay in one location, then you spend one moment together. Bouncing to many locations in a single date creates several memories of different activities and environments. This creates familiarity & comfort. So if you find that you’re interested in the girl, bounce to another place.
That’s all you need to look for in a First Date Home Base.